FAQ » How Do I?

1. What are the Hours of Shawano County Courthouse?

Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

2. Who do I call about Garbage Pickup?

Contact your local City, Town, or Village official - Click Here

3. Where is the Shawano Landfill and when is it open?

The landfill is located at 1099 Rusch Road in the City of Shawano Industrial Park.

The landfill is open year round Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The landfill is also open on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to Noon starting the second week in April until the second week in November.

Please remember, you MUST be at the landfill no later than 2:30 p.m. on weekdays and 11:30 a.m. on Saturdays to allow sufficient time to unload your vehicle and be out of the facility by closing times.

4. Where do I pay a juvenile fines or restitution?

Payments can be made at the Register in Probate office or mailed to the Register in Probate, 311 N. Main St., Shawano, WI 54166. Please make checks payable to Shawano County/Clerk of Courts.

5. Where do I find information on guardianships, adoptions and other probates?

Information can be found at www.wripa.org or contact Register in Probate.

6. Where can I obtain information related to elections?

Please visit the County Clerk's voting/election information web page or call (715) 526-9150.

7. Where can I purchase a fishing or hunting license?

The County Clerk's office no longer sells DNR licenses. Please click here to visit the Wisconsin DNR's website. You may also purchase licenses from Qualheim's or Walmart in Shawano.

8. Where can I register/renew registration for a boat, snowmobile or ATV?

The County Clerk’s office no longer processes renewals for boats, snowmobiles, and ATVs.
Please click here to visit the Wisconsin DNR's website for more information.

9. Where can I register my car/truck or renew plates?

The County Clerk's office no longer processes DMV transactions. Please click here for the Wisconsin DMV's website or visit one of the local service centers.

Shawano DMV - located at 1340 E. Green Bay Street, Shawano
Hours are Tuesday & Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Keshena DMV - located at W2727 Our Children's Road, Keshena
Hours are Monday & Wednesday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

10. Where can I obtain a work permit for a minor?

As of June 30, 2023, work permits must be obtained from the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development via their online permit application tool. For additional information and instructions, please click here.

11. Where do I purchase a license for my dog?

Dog licenses are purchased from your municipal treasurer. Please click here to view a list of Shawano County municipalities and locate your treasurer.

12. How do I apply for a marriage license?

Marriage license applications are processed by the County Clerk's office BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. For detailed application information, please click here.

13. Where can I find answers related to the Shawano County Board of Supervisors?

Please click here for information on current supervisors. Meeting minutes and agendas can be viewed here. For additional information, you may contact the County Clerk's office at 715-526-9150.

1. How do I register to vote?

You can register to vote online at MyVote Wisconsin or by contacting your municipal clerk.
Please click here to view a list of Shawano County municipalities and locate your clerk.

Please visit the County Clerk's voting/election information web page for additional information.

2. Where do I vote?

To locate your polling place, along with contact information for your municipal clerk, please click here. Polling locations are open 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.