FAQ » How Do I?
1. What are the Hours of Shawano County Courthouse?Elections
Monday - Friday (Except Holidays)
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
2. Who do I call about Garbage Pickup?
Contact your local City, Town, or Village official - Click Here
3. Where is the Shawano Landfill and when is it open?
The landfill is located at 1099 Rusch Road in the City of Shawano Industrial Park.
The landfill is open year round Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The landfill is also open on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to Noon starting the second week in April until the second week in November.
Please remember, you MUST be at the landfill no later than 2:30 p.m. on weekdays and 11:30 a.m. on Saturdays to allow sufficient time to unload your vehicle and be out of the facility by closing times.
4. Where do I pay a juvenile fines or restitution?
Payments can be made at the Register in Probate office or mailed to the Register in Probate, 311 N. Main St., Shawano, WI 54166. Please make checks payable to Shawano County/Clerk of Courts.
5. Where do I find information on guardianships, adoptions and other probates?
Information can be found at www.wripa.org or contact Register in Probate.
6. Where do I vote and what are the hours?
Click Here to view the Town, Village, or City you vote in.
The polling place is open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For further information about voting and voter registration call the County Clerks Office at (715) 526-9150.
7. Where can I purchase a fishing or hunting license?
Hunting and fishing licenses can be obtained in the County Clerk’s office.
8. Where can I renew the registration for a boat, snowmobile and/or ATV?
The County Clerk’s office will process renewals for boats, snowmobiles and ATV’s, but cannot process an original registration.
9. Where can I register my car/truck or renew plates?
Vehicles can be registered and titled at the County Clerk’s office. Metal plates and stickers will be issued for cars, trucks and motorcycles. Renewals are also processed in the County Clerk’s office.
10. Where can a work permit be purchased for minors?
Work permits are obtained at the County Clerk’s office. All children under the age of 16 must have a work permit prior to working for any employer. The minor will need to bring in a completed Employer Intent form and their birth certificate. The Employer Intent form can be obtained at the County Clerk’s Office or can be downloaded here.
11. Where do I purchase a license for my dog?
Dog licenses are obtained from your municipal treasurer.
For a listing of municipal treasurer’s contact info, please go to http://www.co.shawano.wi.us/municipalities/.
12. How do I apply for a marriage license?
An application for a marriage license is processed in the County Clerk’s Office.
Please call 715-526-9150 for more info or click here.
13. Where can I find answers related to the Shawano County Board of Supervisors?
The County Clerk’s Office has information on the County Board as far as members, minutes and agendas or any other questions that you may have. Please call 715-526-9150.
1. How and where can I register to vote?
Your municipal clerk can register you to vote. For a listing of municipal clerks, please go to http://www.co.shawano.wi.us/municipalities/. Then simply contact the clerk in your Municipality. The County Clerk’s office can also register voters in their office located at 311 N Main St., Shawano.
Please call 715-526-9150 for more information and to find out what you’d need to bring to get registered.
2. Where can I obtain information related to Elections?
The County Clerk’s Office can answer any questions related to Elections.
For more information please call 715-526-9150 or click here.