- eRecording Companies
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue
- Contact Us
Vital Records Information
Departments Home
To provide the official county repository for:
-Real estate records (deeds, land contracts, mortgages, etc.)
-Vital records (birth, death, marriage, domestic partnership, domestic partnership termination and military discharges)

To provide safe archival storage and convenient access to these public records.

To implement statutory changes, system modernization, program and procedure evaluation and staff development to assure a high level of timely service for our citizen-customers.

  How Do I Get Certified Copies of Vital Records?
Do you need a copy of a vital record or divorce certificate? You can obtain certified copies of the following vital records from any Register of Deeds office in the State of Wisconsin. That is, if the event occurred in the state of Wisconsin. For dates outside of the listing below, you will need to obtain/request that record from the county in which the event occurred place.

Please call ahead so we may update your record(s) to better serve you in a timely manner.

We accept cash, checks and money orders payable to Register of Deeds.
  • Birth Certificates - from Oct. 1, 1907 to the present.
  • Death Certificates - from Sept. 1, 2013 to the present.
  • Marriage Certificates - All marriage records available through our office
  • Divorce Certificates - from Jan. 1, 2016 (Prior to January 1, 2016 contact Clerk of Courts)
  • Domestic partnership certificates or terminations - Records only available in the County in which the event took place.
To apply for your marriage license prior to getting married, contact the County Clerk.

To find the nearest Office close to you, visit the WRDA website at:

Contact:  Amy Dillenburg - Register of Deeds
Phone: (715) 524-2129
Fax: (715) 524-2130
Click here to email
Address:  Shawano County Courthouse
1st Floor
311 N. Main St.
Shawano, WI 54166
Office Hours:  Monday - Thursday
7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

Planning, Development and Zoning Committee