It is currently safest to stay home. Your risk for getting COVID-19 depends on your activities. Some risk considerations are listed below. If you are at higher risk for severe illness
, it is recommended you take extra precautions to protect yourself. We thank you for protecting yourself and the community from severe illness and death.
COVID-19 is still spreading across Wisconsin, the United States, and the World. Staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others from getting sick. We currently recommend cancelling or postponing travel.
If you must travel consider the risks:
- Is COVID-19 is spreading where you are going?
- Is COVID-19 is spreading in your home community?
- Are you or is anyone in your household at increased risk for severe illness?
- Will you be able to maintain 6 feet of distance from others during your trip?
- Are there any requirements to complete a 14 day quarantine when you return?
- If you get sick, will you be able to miss work or school?
- Please do not travel if you are sick!
Here is some additional travel guidance:
Gatherings with individuals outside of your household are not recommended at this time.Many outbreaks of COVID-19 have been tied to large events and gatherings.If you must attend a large gathering or event, use physical distancing, fabric face coverings, and handwashing to protect yourselves and the community.
Cloth face coverings are strongly recommended. Cloth face coverings used along with maintaining 6 feet distance from others and appropriate handwashing may help to limit spread of illness. Face coverings can help individuals who are sick or individuals who do not have symptoms or know they have COVID-19 from spreading the illness to others.
To find more information about how to use cloth face coverings, click here.
Here is some information on how to safely wear and take off a cloth face covering