Shawano County Home Page FAQ Employment Contact Us
Font Size: a a a
General Information
Licenses & Permits
- General Information
- Boat Launching Permits
- DMV license plate issuance and other services
- Hunting & Fishing Licenses
- Marriage Licenses
- State Trail Permits
- Timber Cutting Permits
- Work Permits
Voting/Election Information
Departments » County Clerk » Licenses & Permits
Work Permits

Most Wisconsin employers hiring or permitting minors 15 years of age and younger to work must possess a valid work permit for each minor before work may be performed. The work permit establishes a minor's proof of age and ensures the employer, parent/guardian and minor are aware of the state child labor laws and regulations.

The following information must be provided to the permit officer before a work permit can be issued.

1. PROOF OF AGE - Birth record or Baptismal Record. Birth records may be obtained from the Register of Deeds in the County of birth. Baptismal records may be secured from the pastor of the church in which the baptism took place. A valid Wisconsin driver’s license or a picture ID will also be accepted as proof of age. School ID cards are not acceptable.

2. LETTER FROM THE EMPLOYER stating the intent to employ the minor along with the job duties, hours of work and time of day the minor will be working. This form is also available at the County Clerk's office.

3. LETTER FROM THE MINOR’S PARENT, guardian or court-ordered foster parent while the minor is under their care and supervision consenting to the employment. As an alternative, the parent, guardian or foster parent may countersign the employer’s letter. This section is included on the employer intent form obtained at the County Clerk's office.


5. STATUTORY PERMIT FEE IS $10.00. The employer is required to pay the permit fee. If the minor advances the fee, the employer shall reimburse the minor not later that the minor’s first paycheck. Fee is to be paid by cash or check. No debit/credit cards.

6. SCHOOL ADDRESS minor attends or school district

Work Permit Employer Intent forms are available upon request from the County Clerk's office. This form is completed by the employer, minor and the parent/guardian and presented to the County Clerk's office for issuance of the work permit.

The County Clerk's Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Licenses and Permits
Copyright © 2021 Shawano County Government - Shawano Wisconsin
311 N. Main St., Shawano, WI 54166-8724 • (715) 526-9135
Designed & Powered By Konect
Legal Notice  |  Privacy Notice  |  Acceptable Use Policy  |  Linking Policy  |  Employees