The mission of the Shawano County Child Support Agency is to improve the self-sufficiency of families through increased financial and medical support; to establish paternity for children born out of wedlock; and to strengthen families and reduce collection of public assistance by ensuring that parents live up to the responsibility of supporting their children.
Child Support Online Services
See Balances Owed
Download Application Forms
See Payments made during last 60 days
About 75% of Child Support is collected through income withholding. Child Support Agencies automatically send income withholding orders to the payer’s employer. Based upon how the respondent is paid, a portion of the monthly support order is paid. For example: If your support order is $400 a month, a biweekly payment is due of $184.61. (This is based upon $400 x 12 months divided by 26 pay periods a year.) Most months you will receive $369.22 in child support. ($184.61 x 2 =$369.00) Twice a year you will receive an additional payment that clears up the arrearage.
Please allow 5 days for payments showing on the website to be processed and deposited on your debit card or in your bank account.
If the payer is not employed and making payment on their own, they have the whole month to make the payment. If a payment has been made, allow at least 5 days for it to be processed. If an arrearage (past due child support) starts on your case, an enforcement warning letter will be sent to the payer. The payer is asked to contact our agency as to why a payment was not received. (Laid off, fired, quit, new employer, injured at work, medical condition, relocated, are all reasons why a payment might have been missed.) Based upon the payer’s response or lack of response the worker will determine what action to take on the case.
When support is not paid as the court ordered, many actions can be taken. Some actions such as interest charges, tax refund intercepts and child support liens are automatic when the amount of past due support reaches a certain level. Other actions, such as license denial and court actions are done on a case-by-case basis.
If court action is taken, it will take time to prepare and file the court papers and serve the respondent on the case; so the court date may be scheduled 30-60 days after the papers are filed. The custodial parent will be mailed a copy of the court papers.
Payments can be received through direct deposit into a checking or savings account. The direct deposit form, here, needs to be completed or the payment will be put onto the Eppic Debit card.
Debit Card (Eppic Card) phone: 1-877-253-3686
Online Payment Link - http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/bcs/payments/logon.htm
KIDS Information Line
(800) 991-5530 Toll Free
(877)209-5209 Toll Free TDD
This service provides automated information on your most recent payments, and gives you access to a customer service representative who can provide you with answers to common questions.
Customer Service Representative
- Available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Provides information on your last two payments, information about applying for services and general child support information
- Payment information is updated every night except Sunday
NOTE: If you have questions about your support case (such as employer not sending withheld support, parent not paying) and you get child support services either through application or being referred from a public aid or benefit program please contact your local child support agency.
- Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Answer questions about using payment coupons
- Answer questions about application forms to pay by phone and direct deposit services
- Switch direct deposit customers to the Wisconsin Support collections debit card
- FREE copies of your account history (payment record)
- Provide basic information about payments
Paying Online (for Obligors and/or Employers)
*Expert pay (money transfer) www.Expertpay.com
e-childsPay (Mastercard) www.e-childspay.com
- Pay with a money transfer from your savings or checking account
- FEES: $2.50 registration fee, no additional fees for transactions as of January 1, 2011
- TIMING: Your payment is not recorded until it is actually received by the Wisconsin Support Collections Trust Fund - up to 7 days after you make the payment in Expert Pay
DISCLAIMER: These electronic payment products are offered by private companies. The Wisconsin Child Support Program does not receive the fees for these services.
- Pay with your Mastercard
- FEES: $11.75 per transaction PLUS any fee charged by your credit card company.
- TIMING: Your payment is not recorded until it is actually received by the Wisconsin Support Collections Trust Fund - up to 7 days after you make the payment in e-childsPay
PAY BY PHONE
A convenient way to pay for those who are self-employed. You can make a support payment anytime, from anywhere, by using a touch-tone phone.
- Information and instructions on how to pay by phone here
- Apply to pay by phone
- Or call the KIDS Information Line for information and the application form. Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (Central Time)
Pay fees due Shawano County Child Support through Government Payment EXP.
(Filing Fee, Service Fees, Transportation Fee, Vital Record Fee, Genetic Test Fees, Arrears Calculations)
(NIVD fees : Account Reconciliation, Printed Payment History, income Withholdings, Reconciliation of Percentage Order cases, Credit for Direct payment, Annual adjustments)
Make payments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Go to www.GovPayNOW.com or call 888-604-7888
Pay Location Code (PLC) is 6690
This is not for Child Support Payments, just for Fees
Phone Service fee = 4.75% (minimum $5.00)
Internet Service fee = 3.5% (minimum $3.50)
Tax Intercept Informational Links
Intercept Tax Refund Information
Intercepting Federal Tax Refund Information
Intercepting State Tax Refunds and Lottery Winnings Information
Child Support Program Overview Videos
General Overview: http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/bcs/videos/go/player.html
Receiving Support: http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/bcs/videos/cp-ov/player.html
||Child Support Agency With Links to Specialists
Phone: (715) 526-2190
311 N. Main St.
Shawano, WI 54166
Phone: (715) 526-4663
Fax: (715) 526-2129
Click here to email
311 N. Main St.
Shawano, WI 54166
Office Hours: Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
|Family Court Commissioner
||Atty. Luanne Henk
Phone: (715) 823-3176
45 S. Main St. #2
Clintonville, WI 54929